Home » News » Features » President's Message
Message from WACS President
Dear colleagues around the world,
I like to give you all small update on our work with in the WACS board for the last few months. Its like when we end some of our task other comes up right away, from my site that is very good as it´s shows the growth and need of World Association of Chefs. More and more request of information and opportunities are coming through our channel and that is very positive for us all as it gives WACS opportunity to grow faster than ever before.
Recently we made a agreement with a Job Center that will give all our members around the world opportunity to look for jobs and see possibilities, its also opportunity for our members association´s around the world to connect this to there own website and be part of the job network.
1st of June we started with our sub-office in Singapore, this is great step for WACS as this will not only support our main office in Paris but also serve the members in the aria of Asia and Pacific better. We hope with same growth we will have opportunity to open a sub-office in Americas next year and than serve all our members around the world as well we can.
Our Magazine has got incredible good start, we have thousands of download of the Magazine a month and more and more companies have start seeing the opportunity of this communication channel. Hear also our members association have opportunity to connect this direct to there own website so there members can have easy access to the magazine. This is part of communication service to our members included the monthly newsletter and our website that is growing and growing.
Our Recognition program is rolling extremely well, with 5 schools now approved and 37 in application in progress and new contract with City and Guild in UK to bring the 190 schools they have in 29 countries under this program will give the network of good quality schools special place with in the educational world. I know that will only grow as its very much need for young people around the world to get information about quality schools when they like to put our profession for them as live job. Its also in best interest of our industry that our young people will have access and opportunity to attend the best schools around the world.
In end of this year or beginning of next year we will start recognizant all categories with in our profession, commis chefs, professional Chefs, Executive Chefs, Pastry Chefs, Educators and masterchefs to name a few. This program is ready but we will need to train up staff and create the database before we go with this official.
In the end I like to thank all nations and individual chefs for the support given to our members in Japan and New Zealand, the mother nature we cant control but we can support our friends in need and chefs have demonstrated that over the last months with actions.
I wish you all great time in upcoming months.
With culinary regards,
- The world is changing and so must we. added 18 March 2013
- Get ready for an exiting year: added 14 January 2013
- Dear friends and colleagues, added 19 December 2012
- Dear chefs around the world added 16 November 2012
- Culinary October added 17 October 2012
- International Chefs Day 2012 Focus on "How to Feed the Planet in the Future" added 10 September 2012
- Are we using our time right? added 24 August 2012
- A Step Forward added 15 June 2012
- Thank you for a congress to be remembered added 15 May 2012
- WACS is Bringing Worlds Together added 11 April 2012
- The Crossroad added 16 February 2012
- Our Responsibility as WACS Members added 13 January 2012
- Looking Back and Looking Forward added 21 December 2011
- Education is Our Future added 21 November 2011
- A Focus On Sustainable Cuisine For The Year 2011 And International Chefs Day added 04 October 2011
- World Chefs Tour Against Hunger added 16 August 2011
- The Road Ahead added 08 July 2011
- A FOCUS ON SUSTAINABLE CUISINE FOR THE YEAR 2011 AND INTERNATIONAL CHEFS DAY added 01 May 2011
- added 11 February 2011
- "Busy Times for Busy People" added 12 November 2010
- Do we really care? added 08 October 2010
- Support added 15 July 2010
- "Go Green with Chefs" added 11 May 2010
- From the Land of Fire and Ice added 19 April 2010
- "World Chefs Without Borders" added 09 March 2010
- Gracias - Thank You - Merci - Danke -Takk! added 12 February 2010
- Raising Membership Awareness added 12 January 2010
- Food For Thoughts Over the Holiday Season added 11 December 2009
- A NEW WEBSITE! added 28 September 2009
- August Message from President added 31 July 2009
- A Wonderful Summer Beginning added 02 July 2009
- 34 Weeks to Go. Are We Ready? added 01 June 2009
- We Are on the Right Path! added 29 April 2009
- Can you feel it? I do! added 13 March 2009
- An Action Packed Month added 14 February 2009
- Great Start to a New Year! added 15 January 2009
- When in Rome added 05 December 2008
- Good Things Come in Small Packages added 17 November 2008
- There is Light at the End of the Tunnel added 23 October 2008
- Four Countries: One Language added 23 September 2008
- Board meets in Johannesburg added 22 August 2008
- A Fruitful First 40 days added 14 July 2008
- Gissur Gudmundsson 2nd Message added 11 June 2008
- Gissur Gudmundsson 1st Message added 23 May 2008