Home » News » Features » President's Message
Message from WACS President
"Busy Times for Busy People"
Friday, 12 November 2010
Dear friends, I hope you all have been as busy as we are in the Board of WACS. I would like to tell you a little about the last two crazy months we had.
After two great trips to South Korea, both to work on the congress and judge for one of our partners, LG, we started to get ready for our board meeting and official launching on the 20th of October of World Chefs Without Borders. In the meantime I also had a short stop over in Warsaw to judge young chefs for Metro. It was an outstanding competition and I went over to Paris happy and ready to take the challenges ahead; the board meeting and the official launch.
Unfortunately, France made the decision that this was the right week to put up a general strike but, thankfully, the board made it over and out. Sadly though, many guests that where expected to attend the official inauguration of World Chefs Without Borders did not make it. It made me sad but also it made me and others attending just stronger in our belief that we were doing the right thing. Over the months to come you will see a new website coming up for this great program and, with time we will invite chefs from all over the world to take the opportunity to be a part of this.
Now, with the upcoming WorldCup in Luxembourg, where many of the strongest nations in the world come together to compete, we chefs will be delighted to see the changes, the trends, the visions and dreams of chefs from all over the world.
To understand gastronomy, you must see and attend competitions at this level. I know it costs much to compete, but attending and looking with your own eyes is a must. If not, you can at least follow some of it online!
I wish you all great successes in the upcoming months. Keep on being busy with work, family and friends, it is worth it.
- The world is changing and so must we. added 18 March 2013
- Get ready for an exiting year: added 14 January 2013
- Dear friends and colleagues, added 19 December 2012
- Dear chefs around the world added 16 November 2012
- Culinary October added 17 October 2012
- International Chefs Day 2012 Focus on "How to Feed the Planet in the Future" added 10 September 2012
- Are we using our time right? added 24 August 2012
- A Step Forward added 15 June 2012
- Thank you for a congress to be remembered added 15 May 2012
- WACS is Bringing Worlds Together added 11 April 2012
- The Crossroad added 16 February 2012
- Our Responsibility as WACS Members added 13 January 2012
- Looking Back and Looking Forward added 21 December 2011
- Education is Our Future added 21 November 2011
- A Focus On Sustainable Cuisine For The Year 2011 And International Chefs Day added 04 October 2011
- World Chefs Tour Against Hunger added 16 August 2011
- The Road Ahead added 08 July 2011
- added 13 June 2011
- A FOCUS ON SUSTAINABLE CUISINE FOR THE YEAR 2011 AND INTERNATIONAL CHEFS DAY added 01 May 2011
- added 11 February 2011
- Do we really care? added 08 October 2010
- Support added 15 July 2010
- "Go Green with Chefs" added 11 May 2010
- From the Land of Fire and Ice added 19 April 2010
- "World Chefs Without Borders" added 09 March 2010
- Gracias - Thank You - Merci - Danke -Takk! added 12 February 2010
- Raising Membership Awareness added 12 January 2010
- Food For Thoughts Over the Holiday Season added 11 December 2009
- A NEW WEBSITE! added 28 September 2009
- August Message from President added 31 July 2009
- A Wonderful Summer Beginning added 02 July 2009
- 34 Weeks to Go. Are We Ready? added 01 June 2009
- We Are on the Right Path! added 29 April 2009
- Can you feel it? I do! added 13 March 2009
- An Action Packed Month added 14 February 2009
- Great Start to a New Year! added 15 January 2009
- When in Rome added 05 December 2008
- Good Things Come in Small Packages added 17 November 2008
- There is Light at the End of the Tunnel added 23 October 2008
- Four Countries: One Language added 23 September 2008
- Board meets in Johannesburg added 22 August 2008
- A Fruitful First 40 days added 14 July 2008
- Gissur Gudmundsson 2nd Message added 11 June 2008
- Gissur Gudmundsson 1st Message added 23 May 2008