Home » News » Features » President's Message
Message from WACS President
Our Responsibility as WACS Members
Friday, 13 January 2012
Our Responsibility as WACS Members
Dear friends and colleagues from around the world,
I wish you a Happy New Year and hope that the year has started well for you all and will be successful in work and home life.
For the World Association of Chefs Societies with a membership of 10 million in over 90 countries, the word responsibility comes up very often within our leadership. We have the responsibility to ensure the quality of our programs, the growth of our organization, sharing information, giving opportunities, ensure standards are upheld in culinary education and competitions, we run seminars, we are responsible for setting up and bringing people to the congresses or continental meetings, marketing of our organization, marketing of our programs, developing the future vision, future growth, partnerships, etc. This is just a small example of what is ongoing and part of our responsibility.
Throughout our history, we have always thought that these were the responsibilities of the leaders of the organization, the Board and Committees. I believe that this is something that may need to change. We need to especially be more open to ideas from our members to achieve our goals and visions.
Therefore I challenge you all, the presidents and boards of Chef Associations, the members of these associations as well as non-members, partners and friends of our organization, to share and work with us on these responsibilities together. Inform everyone about our congress, competitions, meetings, shows, educational programs, junior programs, humanitarian programs, etc. These are for all of us. It will be the greatest way to bring more chefs and friends into our family. It will grow your own associations and it will grow WACS.
So how can you actively help? In a simple and easy way: share WACS and what WACS is doing with everyone, don´t expect that the information you get is only for yourself; share it with members, with friends, with future members or partners in your area and open up their eyes for the community of global Chefs. At the end of the day, the strength we have is in the size of network we have.
It’s no longer acceptable that members in some countries do not know about what we stand for and work for and what we do for them and that they don’t know that they are welcome to attend our events. It is not only for presidents and board members. It is also for the members themselves and those with interest in what we do.
I hope that you all will welcome this message and take the challenge and help us grow your association and strengthen our family worldwide.
I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible in South Korea at our World Chefs Congress where we will bring worlds together!
- The world is changing and so must we. added 18 March 2013
- Get ready for an exiting year: added 14 January 2013
- Dear friends and colleagues, added 19 December 2012
- Dear chefs around the world added 16 November 2012
- Culinary October added 17 October 2012
- International Chefs Day 2012 Focus on "How to Feed the Planet in the Future" added 10 September 2012
- Are we using our time right? added 24 August 2012
- A Step Forward added 15 June 2012
- Thank you for a congress to be remembered added 15 May 2012
- WACS is Bringing Worlds Together added 11 April 2012
- The Crossroad added 16 February 2012
- Looking Back and Looking Forward added 21 December 2011
- Education is Our Future added 21 November 2011
- A Focus On Sustainable Cuisine For The Year 2011 And International Chefs Day added 04 October 2011
- World Chefs Tour Against Hunger added 16 August 2011
- The Road Ahead added 08 July 2011
- added 13 June 2011
- A FOCUS ON SUSTAINABLE CUISINE FOR THE YEAR 2011 AND INTERNATIONAL CHEFS DAY added 01 May 2011
- added 11 February 2011
- "Busy Times for Busy People" added 12 November 2010
- Do we really care? added 08 October 2010
- Support added 15 July 2010
- "Go Green with Chefs" added 11 May 2010
- From the Land of Fire and Ice added 19 April 2010
- "World Chefs Without Borders" added 09 March 2010
- Gracias - Thank You - Merci - Danke -Takk! added 12 February 2010
- Raising Membership Awareness added 12 January 2010
- Food For Thoughts Over the Holiday Season added 11 December 2009
- A NEW WEBSITE! added 28 September 2009
- August Message from President added 31 July 2009
- A Wonderful Summer Beginning added 02 July 2009
- 34 Weeks to Go. Are We Ready? added 01 June 2009
- We Are on the Right Path! added 29 April 2009
- Can you feel it? I do! added 13 March 2009
- An Action Packed Month added 14 February 2009
- Great Start to a New Year! added 15 January 2009
- When in Rome added 05 December 2008
- Good Things Come in Small Packages added 17 November 2008
- There is Light at the End of the Tunnel added 23 October 2008
- Four Countries: One Language added 23 September 2008
- Board meets in Johannesburg added 22 August 2008
- A Fruitful First 40 days added 14 July 2008
- Gissur Gudmundsson 2nd Message added 11 June 2008
- Gissur Gudmundsson 1st Message added 23 May 2008